Friday, March 19, 2010

iPad




The iPad
How long is apple going to be able to continue and come up with a new gadget every 3-4 years for everyone to get excited about. My biggest question is will this iPad have as much as an effect on the tech market as the iPod or iPhone seemed to have on theirs? What exactly about this small tablet is going to revolutionize how we use computers? While I have been impressed with Apple in the past, I also feel that they've gotten almost too good at making money, designing the products that everyone seems to need to have. I'm interested in seeing whether this new device catches on, or if Apple has finally hit a major dud.

3 comments:

  1. I have hesitations about the IPad, while I can see its use in particular lifestyles it is irrelevant in mine. I look at the iPad as a glorified Iphone.I do think their marketing approach is the key to any of the products success. To market the iPad, tech bloggers and journalists Live Blogged from the convention. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it fits a good niche, actually. Macs are obviously much better operating systems than PCs, but also much more expensive. The iPad is a happy medium: the quality and sexiness of a mac computer at a price of a PC. But I feel you on the marketing thing. I would really enjoy owning one of these, even though I have no genuine NEED for one. Additionally, I think it's just a bad idea to buy first-generation Mac products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting. Everyone I know who has actually used one has raved about it. What's interesting to me is that the iPad is one of the first computers that gets the interface out of the way (like a book). I think a lot of people will be attracted to that.

    ReplyDelete